An Emergency Preparedness Check List
If a disaster strikes in your community, you might not have access to food, water, or electricity for several days. You may think that you will have enough time to run to the grocery store, but stores quickly sell out of important supplies following emergency warnings. Unfortunately, about half of adults in the United States do not have the resources and plans in place for a possible emergency. Preparing emergency kits for your family is an important step in keeping them safe and healthy during a disaster.
Pack an Emergency Supply Kit, including:
- At least a 3-day Supply of Food, Water, and Medications
- Personal Care Items: Soap, Toothbrush, Baby Wipes
- Safety Supplies such as First Aid Kit, Emergency Blanket, Multipurpose Tool, Whistle
- Copies of important documents such as insurance cards and immunization records
- Your completed family emergency plan, complete with family and emergency contact information
- Cash, spare keys, and maps in you emergency supply kit
- A way to receive updates. A Radio for updates. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) provides weather updates during emergencies. Look for a radio labeled “NOAA Weather Radio.
- Cell phone with ability to re-charge
- A Flashlight or some form of mobile lighting
- A supply of batteries or rechargeable batteries with a way to charge them
A Lighting and Energy Solution
And because the InteliEnergy Lamp is a No Power, Off-the-Grid device, it provides many of the functions that the experts recommend:
- The InteliEnergy lamp can be hand-held like a flashlight, set on a shelf or table, or can be wall mounted — providing hours of rechargeable battery power light for emergency situations.
- The InteliEnergy lamp is a universal battery charger, it can charge devices such as cell phones with power coming for a solar panel or from the internal batteries when LFP batteries are installed. The lamp also provides a way to re-charge all standard rechargeable AA batteries for any use.
- Because the InteliEnergy lamp is solar charged, longer power outages can be tolerated. With unique InteliEnergy technology, the lamp provides faster battery charging even with less sun.
And because the InteliEnergy lamp offers all these functions in one unit, less overall dollars are spent, compared to buying individual devices, and lots of spare batteries.
Thank you everyone!
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/blog-sidebar.liquid